Are you an experienced machine learning engineer with leadership skills and the ambition to take your career to the next level? Join the leading AI consultancy in the Netherlands as a lead machine learning engineer, where you will not only contribute to building the solutions and services that we deliver, but will also manage a team of around 15 highly skilled colleagues.
What you'll be doing
We believe in a hands-on, can-do mentality, and in leading by example. You will spend an average of 4 days a week working as a machine learning engineer alongside other team members on challenging projects for our clients. In these projects, you will take a senior, hands-on role and ensure that we achieve the desired impact.
You will roughly spend 1 day per week managing Xomnia’s team of machine learning engineers. This entails a mentoring role, ensuring professional success of the MLE’s within Xomnia and the field as a whole. You will be responsible for setting team goals, building the team further, and creating offerings towards the market. Additionally, you will give input on the strategic, developmental, and operational aspects of the company, together with other team leads and our management team. You will ensure your team's happiness, performance, development, and that Xomnia further expands its leading position.
What you will need
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a position of a machine learning engineer, data scientist, data engineer or a similar role
- Experience managing a team of technical employees is a plus
- A master’s degree in computer science, data science, artificial intelligence or similar
- Team player with strong communication skills
- Experience in data wrangling and building data pipelines
- Advanced knowledge of statistics and mathematics
- Excellent Software Engineering skills in Python, Scala or Java
- Experience with containerization (Docker), CI / CD and testing
- Experience in working with at least one cloud environment (Azure, GCP, AWS)
What we offer
- Competitive salary with bonus scheme based on team performance
- The Possibility to participate in the Xomnia Group (Xomnia, Xomnia Talents and Shipping Technology)
- Paid time for self development and a training budget of €5,000 a year
- Monthly knowledge sharing sessions / training by colleagues or external trainers
- 25 vacation days and the possibility of taking unpaid leave
- Challenging assignments
- Company laptop of your choice
- Work from home package
- Nice colleagues who besides work also like to undertake other activities
- Company trips and activities like the Xomnia WKD, ski trip, and weekly sports activities
Xomnia is a leading AI consulting company. We’re curious problem-solvers who believe data will change the way we live, work and communicate. Being at the forefront of this revolutionary change in a sustainable, positive way is what drives us.
We develop and deploy tailor-made data science solutions. From developing an application for real-time fraud detection on Google Cloud Platform, to setting up a customized recommender engine in an existing Azure environment, we solve challenging data science and engineering projects from start to finish.
Xomnia started in 2013 in a room in the heart of Amsterdam. These days, we take up a building near Prinsengracht, and it still feels like home. Like any family, we all feel comfortable just being ourselves.